Solve TSP with 13000 Cities Path

Dec 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Hi there, Is this possible to use this library for solving TSP with 13000 Cities Path? I know it may takes too long time.
What is the best solution to solving problems likes this?
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Definitely yes, but GPdotNET is not optimized to run such a huge city map.
If you want to run TSP with 13000 cities with GPdotNET, you should disable drawing city map in Run tab page each time the best solution is found.
Dec 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM
How can I disable drawing city map in Run tab page each time the best solution is found? also could you help me to optimize this library to run a huge city map?
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Edited Dec 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I have made new version which is optimized for TSP problem. Please download the latest version. I have one sample with more that 13000 cities downloaded from: http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/tsp/vlsi/index.html which you can download from here. Download this file, create new TSP Problem in new version of GPdotNET, load training data from the file you just downloaded and try to run solver.I provide you with the training data file just in case to know how data is formatted and saved in CSV file.
Dec 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Thank you, Very Much. I wanna create my own application to solve TSP using your GREAT library. But I couldn't find main functions of TSP in your solution.
Crossover(), Mutate(), Evaluate(), ...
Marked as answer by bhrnjica on 12/29/2013 at 2:00 AM
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM
If you want to implement your own solution by using GPdotNET library you have to got deeper knowledge of the project.
Projects GPdotNEt.Core, GPdotNET.Engine are the same for all GP models. The project and GPdotNET.Tool.Common contains separate implementation for each GP/GA problem.

To start with new Custom Model in GPdotNET you have to do the following:
  1. Modify void LoadModelWizard(GPModelType model ) from Main Windows.cs
  2. Implement Custom TabPage for you problem.
  3. Define you representation Chromosome or use existing one.
  4. Modify GPFactory class if needed.
__It is not so easy to use this library to implement your own problem solver, because you have to implement Simulation of the problem not only calculation.

Regarding TSP problem please look the following methods:
  1. MainWindows.LoadModelWizard(GPModelType model )
  2. TSPRunPanel.cs from GpdotNET.Tool.Common
    and related classes and types.